Originally built in the early 1800s, the Flour Mill and has been used for a whole range of activities over the years. Including a greengrocer, tea merchant, bootmaker and even a nightclub! Until the building sadly fell into disrepair…
Since then the Flour Mill has undergone major transformations and is now home to a truly inspiring workspace. Fully equipped with fast fibre lines, WiFi and technology. The building has been sensitively redeveloped to share its beautiful history, and give all members a sense of connection to Dundee’s past.
The building now offers access to:
Why not take a sneak peak at our memberships page to see what we could do for you?
Evidence suggests that the Flour Mill Dundee dates from 1820. Where it was formerly known as Castle Flour Mills. The “Castle” part inspired by the old medieval Castle of Dundee on which the mill now stands- destroyed by Robert the Bruce back in 1313.
The close in which the Flour Mill sits allowed easy access to the harbour and a nearby burn. We believe that water was a vital power source in the mill and have found evidence of an old water lade that ran through the basement area.